At CIC Plus, we rely on every individual throughout the organization to fuel our ability to deliver the very best for our clients…the best products, the best service, the best of us. We’ll go the extra mile, or five, to ensure the success of some of the largest and most successful companies in the U.S. It takes hard work, experience and a can-do attitude to combine the right technology and service to develop industry-leading employer compliance solutions for the HR industry.
We work in a fast-paced environment, yet one where we have plenty of laughs along the way and haven’t forgotten what a family-focused business feels like. We are team-oriented but people are empowered to share new ideas and lead the way.
We celebrate the uniqueness of each other—we have amateur photographers, aviators, cyclists, woodworkers, aspiring chefs and running enthusiasts to name a few—while creating many rewarding memories together. We’re all here because we believe in what we are doing.
If you like helping people in an innovative industry and are a team player, this might be the place for you.
Visit us on Glassdoor
If you love technology, being highly innovative and working with an outstanding and highly diverse client base, then this is the place for you. Every day we are developing new, pioneering solutions for our clients at a lightning pace. With a close knit, highly collaborative team environment you are always going to be in the middle of breaking new ground while delighting clients by making their lives easier.
What we’re all about?
We are a leading edge technology company. Our mission is to improve the lives and careers of HR, payroll, and benefits departments through the use of our world-class, online forms management solutions with employee self-service and best-in-class data management, while providing the best client service in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that clients love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
Tell me more about this job
As Product Manager, you will guide a cross-functional (matrix) team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with clients, partners and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with a development team counterpart to define product release requirements (agile methodology). You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key clients.
A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other departments of the company will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks.
Purpose of the role
- Gain a deep understanding of client experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience and drive growth
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning (roadmap) to tactical activities
- Work cross functionally with development, marketing, sales, support services and clients to manage the product backlog and generate the release roadmap based on market dynamics, customer feedback and new opportunities.
- Running (and managing) the internal Product Definition Group (PDG) to prioritize requirements against known capacity (velocity)
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to clients and non-clients.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Run the Client Advisory Board (CAB) in order to seek market information from clients, prospects and industry experts.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and client impact
- Work closely with development teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other team members
- Own product demo, work with product marketing to deliver compelling user cases and demo scripts for sales.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Be the expert on the market, buyers, how they buy, what they buy and their buying criteria (user personas, user story / use-case development).
- Represent the company by visiting clients to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Be the expert on our competition, their products and how to position effectively against them.
- The CIC Plus Product Manager…
- Owns the product on behalf of Leadership
- Is the customer of Development
- Uses Marketing to create the value proposition, positioning, messaging and support required to effectively sell their product
- Uses channel (direct and indirect) to get their product to market
- Is responsible to Leadership for life cycle decisions (birth, renewal and “death”) of product
- Has responsibility for the product life cycle (birth, profitability monitoring, end of life)
What traits are we looking for?
Self-starter, team player, strategist, analytical thinker, highly organized, goal driven, energetic, problem solver, patient, thorough, innovative, flexible, determined, great communicator.
- Proven work experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle (agile experience a plus)
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Ability to demonstrate successful product launches within fast-paced, agile environments.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- A good listener and avid recorder of facts, opinions and feedback from the market.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically able (but not an engineer); process driven with excellent planning skills.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- Note: This position requires travel to client and non-client sites in North America
How do I apply?
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the following information:
1. Compensation expectations
2. Available start date
3. How you heard about us
4. Cover letter (Preferred but not required, we’d love to get to know you outside of the resume.)